Yes. You can still sign up for Obamacare, or the Affordable Care Act. You won’t get health insurance starting January 1, 2014. But you will get health insurance that starts after you make your first payment.
While more than 1.1 million people enrolled in Obamacare from October 1 to December 24, millions more are expected to sign up during the rest of the Open Enrollment period. You have until March 31, 2014 to sign up.
You probably heard that Healthcare.gov had a lot of problems, but the site is functioning now and dealing with hundreds of thousands of people at one time. So you can browse the site to find the healthcare plan that works best for you.
TIPS FOR USING HEALTHCARE.GOV
1. Use the best browser for your computer.
2. Clear the history, cookies and cache.
3. Make sure your computer will accept cookies. You’ll get a big pop-up window.
4. You may not be able to use a mobile device. Best to stick with a desktop, or laptop if you can.
IF YOU TRIED TO SIGN UP AND COULDN’T
1. Clear your history, cookies and cache.
2. Sign in with a new user name, email and password.
3. If you have a problem this time, check your junk email file for a notice.
DON’T HAVE A COMPUTER?
If you don’t have a computer at home, there is still time to apply on the phone. You can call 1-800-318-2596, or you can call that number and find out about local people in your community who are working with others to navigate the system.