You have until 3 p.m. today, Saturday, February 15th to sign up for Obamacare health insurance coverage that begins March 1st.
Go to Health.gov and start the process. Because of the President’s Day holiday, you’ll have to call Healthcare.gov on Tuesday to make sure your application is complete: 1-800-318-2596.
TIPS FOR USING HEALTHCARE.GOV
1. Use the best browser for your computer.
2. Clear the history, cookies and cache.
3. Make sure your computer will accept cookies. You’ll get a big pop-up window.
4. You may not be able to use a mobile device. Best to stick with a desktop, or laptop if you can.
IF YOU TRIED TO SIGN UP AND COULDN’T
1. Clear your history, cookies and cache.
2. Sign in with a new user name, email and password.
3. If you have a problem this time, check your junk email file for a notice.
DON’T HAVE A COMPUTER?
If you don’t have a computer at home, there is still time to apply on the phone. You can call 1-800-318-2596, or you can call that number and find out about local people in your community who are working with others to navigate the system.
You can also call and ask for help at 1-800-318-2596.
Be aware that Healthcare.gov will be down from 3:00 p.m. Saturday 15, 2014 until February 18, 2014 at 5:00 a.m. EST because it’s connected to the Social Security Administration’s website and that site is undergoing maintenance.
But again you can use the hotline 1-800-318-2596.
If you don’t make the February 15th deadline, you can still enroll in Obamacare without penalty until March 31st. So far more than 3.3 million people have signed up for insurance through the program and the Obama administration and insurers are hoping that at least 7 million sign up by the enrollment deadline.