The last minute rush is on for everything including health insurance. The Obama administration let the deadline slip to sign up for Obamacare health insurance that begins January 1, 2014. You can signup until Midnight Christmas Eve.
TIPS FOR USING THE HEALTHCARE.GOV
1. Use the best browser for your computer.
2. Clear the history, cookies and cache.
3. Make sure your computer will accept cookies. You’ll get a big pop-up window.
4. You may not be able to use a mobile device. Best to stick with a desktop, or laptop if you can.
IF YOU TRIED TO SIGN UP AND COULDN’T
1. Clear your history, cookies and cache
2. Sign in with a new user name, email and password.
3. If you have a problem this time, check your junk email file for a notice.
DON’T HAVE A COMPUTER?
If you don’t have a computer at home, there is still time to apply on the phone. You can call 1-800-318-2596, or you can call that number and find out about local people in your community who are working with others to navigate the system.
EXTENDED DEADLINE FOR MAKING YOUR PAYMENT
It’s best to make your first insurance payment as soon as you can. But some insurers are honoring the Obama administration’s request to extend the payment deadline until January 10, 2014 for insurance that begins January 1, 2014.
But you must complete the application process by midnight December 23 and check with the insurer you choose to find out about its policy.
Healthcare.gov had about 850,000 visits as of 2:00 p.m. Monday. That’s five times more visitors than last Monday Since we’re talking big numbers you might be interested to know that the site had 1.2 million visits last weekend.
Healthcare.gov is apparently working well without a high error rate, but people are being asked to join the queuing system. You leave your email address and they get back to you when the system can handle your information. Don’t hesitate to leave your email address. They are getting back to people relatively quickly.